[cfe-dev] Adding an intrinsic that the user can include in source code

Nemanja Ivanovic via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 13 08:43:57 PST 2017

Keep in mind that if your intrinsic has an obvious direct mapping to the
builtin you're exposing, you can just write your intrinsic in a way that it
inherits from GCCBuiltin. That will avoid having to add custom lowering in
CGBuiltin.cpp. There should be plenty of examples of that in the
include/llvm/IR/IntrinsicsX86.td file that you already modified.