[cfe-dev] [analyzer] "runCheckersForEndFunction()" is not guaranteed to be called at the end of each path?

Henry Wong via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 4 02:38:28 PDT 2017

Hi Artem,
Thank you for taking the time to give me a detailed explanation. Your answer
corrected my misunderstanding of the analyzer engine, especially the engine's
behavior in the face of duplicate nodes. And I ignored that if the caller is not in
the top frame, "runCheckersForEndFunction()" will always be executed. If I can
be aware of this distinction, and continue to think about it, perhaps can
understand.

Since checkEndAnalysis guarantees that it is always called, I'll consider using it
instead of checkEndFunction.

Henry Wong
Qihoo 360 Codesafe Team