[cfe-dev] RVA support

Joerg Sonnenberger via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 31 03:50:11 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:27:08AM +0000, Derrick McKee via cfe-dev wrote:
> I am trying to compile OpenSSL on Windows, and it uses the .rva assembly
> directive extensively.  My clang version (3.9) doesn't recognize it, and
> the build fails.  What's the status of support for the .rva directive?
> Thanks.

This is really not a question for the clang frontend as it is about the
(x86) assembler parser. As such, llvm-dev is the better place to ask.
That said, I find very little documentation in binutils about what .rva
is actually supposed to do and the only hit is about an alias for a mips
directive.

Joerg