[cfe-dev] JIT - Resolve obj file without a main

Lang Hames via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 16 09:36:08 PDT 2017

Hi Björn,

I don't recall ever seeing this behavior before. Can you describe the
situation in more detail?

Is this specifically for object files loaded via
RTDyldLinkingLayer::addObjectSet, or does it apply to IR Modules without a
main too?

When you say the JIT won't resolve an address, do you mean that you can't
find anything when you call findSymbol on the JIT, or that the JIT isn't
calling your SymbolResolver back to find addresses?

Was this for MacOS, Linux, or Windows?

Cheers,
Lang.