[cfe-dev] Passes after Polly | How are Passes sequenced without the PassRegistry ?

Philip Pfaffe via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 12 05:26:54 PDT 2017

The PassManagerBuilder that constructs the -O pipelines offers multiple
ExtensionPoints at which optimizer plugins can insert themselves into
optimizer pipelines.

Here's how plugins can do this:
http://llvm.org/doxygen/structllvm_1_1RegisterStandardPasses.html

In Polly, you can find the registration part a bit further down in the file
you linked:
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/polly/blob/master/lib/Support/RegisterPasses.cpp#L417

Cheers,
Philip