[cfe-dev] [Modules TS] feedback

Boris Kolpackov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 11 23:18:04 PDT 2017

Hi David,

David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> writes:

>   -Xclang -fmodules-codegen
>   -Xclang -fmodules-debuginfo
>
> [...]
>
> It should work naturally either way, I think.

Yep, all works now, thanks.

Somewhat related question: what happens if I pass -fPIC? I assume I
will need different .o for PIC/non-PIC. Will I also need different
.pcm files?

I tend to think the answer is yes since at the minimum -fPIC may
define preprocessor macros that may change the translation unit.

I guess what I am trying to understand is if .pcm is just the AST
or if it actually includes some object/intermediate code? For example,
does it make sense to pass -O when generating .pcm? Sorry if these
are stupid/obvious questions ;-).

Thanks,
Boris