[cfe-dev] [clang-tidy] C++11/14/17 specific checkers on C++98 portable code

Vicente J. Botet Escriba via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 1 05:03:49 PDT 2017

Hi,

first of all thanks for working on this powerfull tool.

This is my first mail on this mailing list, so please, sorry if the
subject has already been discussed. Any pointer will be welcome.

Is there a bug/feature request tracker for clang-tidy?

A specific mailing list for users?

I have just started to use clang-tidy.

I have code that must work in C++ 98 even if it is used on programs
compiled in C++14. Sometimes the same file contains some conditional
flags using __cplusplus or other defines.

I would like to avoid any C++11/14/17 specific check on this portable code.

For the time being I do 2 runs one with C++98 and other with C++11/14/17.

I would like to filter out the C++98 portable code on the second run.

I see that there are two parameters to filter files and filter lines,
however it suspect that it should be hard to do this mapping.

I guess that I'm not the only one with this problem. What others do in
this case?

Best regards,

Vicente Botet Escriba