[cfe-dev] [Release-testers] [llvm-dev] 4.0.1 Release Schedule + Need feedback for improving stable releases

C Bergström via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 29 05:44:35 PDT 2017

tbh I think swapping out clang for gcc and building against the most
bleeding edge wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm not sure if clang can build
the latest linux kernel or what patchset would be required as well as
grub2 and glibc, but besides those I'm not aware of any particularly
nasty blockers.

opensuse+clang (without gcc at all) is in my mind an ideal goal. I
don't know what weird things gentoo has corrupted clang with, but
someone with gentoo and clang may also be able to help flush out a
whole world level of testing.

Just some drive-by thoughts since additional testing is coming up as a topic..