[cfe-dev] Unable to build lld from llvm/clang source

Edward Diener via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 26 20:07:09 PDT 2017

I use CMake and Ninja to build llvm/clang from the latest source on
Windows. There is an option I see in the CMake Gui program called
LLVM_TOOL_LLD_BUILD, which I check. After generating the new cmake files
I proceed to build with ninja. Ninja shows no errors so I look in the
bin directory. But lld.exe is not there.

I can see lld.exe as part of past llvm/clang distribututions from 3.4.1
on up. What do I need to do to build lld.exe as part of my build from
the latest source ?