[cfe-dev] Anyone uses Clang 3.8 and higher on Windows with MinGW-w64?

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 20 09:17:53 PDT 2017

If you want clang to default to mingw, it is easy to configure that way
(-DLLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE=x86_64-w64-mingw32 at cmake time). Or you can
pass --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 at runtime, and that will trigger mingw
header search.

The upstream installer is built with MSVC, and LLVM targets whatever it was
built with by default.