[cfe-dev] cfe-dev Digest, Vol 120, Issue 139

David Barto via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 27 07:36:52 PDT 2017

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:18:08 +0200
> From: Dennis Luehring via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
> To: cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
> Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Clang 'locks up' when compiling optimized
>
>> the code is compiled from a daemon
>
> does is also lock up without the deamon - or only with?

If I screen scrape the compile line and paste it into any shell, the compile finishes in a few seconds.
If I disable optimization (remove -O3 from the compile options) it always finishes in a few seconds even using the daemon.

Only the case of running from the daemon with optimization does the compiler appear to hang and consume CPU cycles while doing noting.

Another email list reader has suggested that I attach lldb to the ‘hung’ compile and get a stack trace. I’ll be doing that in the coming days. Since this is a background/side task I can’t spend a lot of time on it directly.

	David

David Barto
barto at cambridgesemantics.com

Sometimes, my best code does nothing. Most of the rest of it has bugs.