[cfe-dev] Clang Static Analyzer

Xin Wang via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 19 09:05:12 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I have some questions about the exploded graph.

*class A {public:  A() {foo();}  void foo();};int main() {*

*  A a;*

*}*
When I use the clang to dump the exploded graph of the code above. There is
only one exploded graph.

*class A {public:  A() {foo();}  void foo();};int main() {  A *a = new A();*

*  delete a;*

*}*
But when I dump the code above. There is two exploded graph, one for main
and another for the construction of the class A.

My question is: what is the difference between using the pointer and using
the object to initialize a class? Can I use the path-sensitive checker to
explore the exploded graph of the construction.

Regards,
Xin