[cfe-dev] 2017 US LLVM Developers' Meeting - Registration Opening!

Tanya Lattner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 16 11:11:57 PDT 2017

> On Jun 16, 2017, at 10:56 AM, C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not really suggesting this, but I wonder -
> What if there was like a pre-registration (that maybe even required a deposit) and based off that the venue was selected.

Contracts are typically signed a year in advance at the minimum, so a pre-registration would need to happen about 1.5 years before the event. I think most people would not want to commit that far out.

If you are trying to solve the “reaching capacity” problem, then we can explore using the large exhibit halls at the SJCC in 2018. This would obviously have impacts to all areas of the budget as these rooms are quite large. Our community is continuing to grow and we obviously want as many developers to attend as possible.

-Tanya