[cfe-dev] [5.0.0 Release] Schedule and call for testers

Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 13 14:29:51 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

We're about a month away from the start of the 5.0.0 release process,
so it's time for the traditional schedule and call for testers email.

If you'd like to help providing binaries and testing for your
favourite platform, please let me know and subscribe to the
release-testers mailing list [1].

This time I will try to delegate a bit more. It's very easy to end up
working full time on scanning the commit lists, bisecting bugs, and
merging patches --- and I don't have that much time to spend.
Especially for bug squashing, I'm hoping to get more of the community
involved somehow. Please let me know if you have ideas here.

I propose the following schedule for the 5.0.0 release:

- 19 July 2017: Create the 5.0 branch, tag RC1 soon after, trunk becomes 6.0.0.

- 9 August: Tag RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now.

- 23 August: Final tag. Binaries and release announcement a few days later.

Unless there are any concerns, I'll post this on the web page soon.

Thanks,
Hans