[cfe-dev] -fmodules-ts and codegen options

Richard Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 5 10:59:27 PDT 2017

On 2 June 2017 at 01:22, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > "This is in preparation for permitting -emit-obj to be used on a module
> > interface unit to produce object code without going via a "full" PCM
> file"
> > that the second issue you mention (generating the object directly during
> > module creation) is in the works [...]
>
> That sounds great. Just to make sure I am clear about what I am hoping for:
>
> The ability to generate both .pcm and .o with a single compiler invocation
> and being able to specify the output file names for both. Currently both
> use the -o option (in separate invocations).

Yes, we'll provide support for that at some point. We've been discussing
the command-line interface with the people working on the Modules TS
implementation in GCC, and aim to provide a consistent command-line syntax
across both compilers, including a mechanism to produce the .o file and the
.pcm file from a single compiler invocation.