[cfe-dev] Problem loading plugin dll into clang under Windows

Marcel Schaible via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 17 08:44:26 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have developed a plugin for clang (latest version from svn). The
plugin (x64) loads and executes just fine with the clang I have build
from my svn tree. But when I try to load the plugin into the official
binary clang distribution (LLVM-4.0.1-win64) I'll get the error below.

I suspect that I have to link the dll with some special options. Is
there somewhere a description of the build environment for Visual Studio?

Btw: I am building the stuff with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise.

"c:\Program Files\LLVM\bin\clang"  -fplugin=MyPlugin.dll  -c
d:\clang+llvm\tests\simple.c -o d:\clang+llvm\tests\simple.o

error: unable to load plugin 'MyPlugin.dll': 'MyPlugin.dll: Can't open:
Unknown error (0xC1)'

Thanks for your help

Marcel