[cfe-dev] Add -fno-plt,-fplt to ignored flags

Jordan Glover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 7 06:30:17 PDT 2017

It's also for convenience those users which want to use clang instead gcc which is the default compiler. This way they could change it easily without breakage. The list of ignored flags for gcc compatibility already exist with many entries so why don't use it in that case? There are no security consequences when this flag is silently ignored. On the other hand clang already added fstack-check flag to ignore list which could mislead users as it have security implications as shoved in " stack-clash".
I reverse your question - what's the reason to not add it to the list? It doesn't interfere with anything. Some users will benefit and others wouldn't care. I understand that you personally aren't interested but please think about others who are.
Jordan Glover