[cfe-dev] Add -fno-plt,-fplt to ignored flags

Jordan Glover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 7 05:26:14 PDT 2017

Thanks for the reply.
-fno-plt flag is going to be used as default build flag for every package available in Archlinux [1]. There were concerns about that change breaking clang but it was decided to add patch similar as mine [2]. Also some developers advised to submit such patch upstream [3][4].
Jordan Glover
[1] https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/pacman&id=0cd22d4454e0e1b3ae589b95274f808001465c15
[2] https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/0001-GCC-compatibility-Ignore-the-fno-plt-flag.patch?h=packages/llvm
[3] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2017-July/028928.html