[cfe-dev] Setting a FunctionDecl as 'uncallable':

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 6 13:04:23 PDT 2017

Thanks for the link!  I definitely see that this is very similar then!  I DID try the first example on your link, and it fails because of ‘redefinition of foo’.

It actually seems that this cpu_dispatch/cpu_specific is perhaps even a sub-set of GCC’s target (since it only handles the ‘arch=’ tests).  The only real difference after that will be the linked-names, but perhaps that is something acceptable to us as well (or that could be kept internal).

Perhaps my best goal here would be instead to help you (or, have you guide me) to implement ‘target’ the rest of the way(IFunc, multiple defs, changing the name-mangling), then create cpu_dispatch/cpu_specific as an alias for ‘target’.

Thanks,
Erich