[cfe-dev] LibC++ v4.0 testing and exceptions

Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 31 09:48:21 PST 2017

I have started testing our LibC++ v4.0 implementation, and I am seeing a
very large number of tests failing because the test uses 'try' or some other
EH related feature.  However, my platform does not (and cannot) support
Exception Handling.  Previous releases used '_LIBCPP_NO_EXCEPTIONS' in the
tests to determine if the implementation supported EH or not, but this seems
not to be the case for the most recent v4.0 RC1 release.

At the moment this appears to be the cause of 309 regressions I am seeing.
Has LibC++ dropped support for platforms that do not support EH?

Thanks,

            MartinO