[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] [4.0.0 Release] Relase Candidate 1 has been tagged

David Abdurachmanov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 20 10:56:06 PST 2017

Hi,

While building a full stack LLVM/Clang/lld/compiler-rt/clang-tools-extra/
openmp/etc in a single RPM I hit a couple of issues.

(1)

lld was broken as liblldCOFF.so, liblldDriver.so and liblldELF.so are
no more installed, but lld binary depends on them.

At first look probably caused by this: https://reviews.llvm.org/D28397

(2)

https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/tree/release_40
Needs 1a15ce4331f4692e7931f07cb3eaf49355ce2c1e from master branch to compile.

Otherwise the builds fails with undefined reference to pthread_create at link time.

Cheers,
david

> On 20 Jan 2017, at 11:45, Tobias Grosser via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Very cool initiative! Thank you!
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017, at 10:59 AM, Mehdi Amini via cfe-dev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI, I added a Green dragon job to build and test (stage 1 only right
>> now) the release branch:
>> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/green/job/clang-stage1-configure-RA-release-4/
>> <http://lab.llvm.org:8080/green/job/clang-stage1-configure-RA-release-4/>

>>> On Jan 18, 2017, at 7:45 AM, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear testers,
>>>
>>> 4.0.0-rc1 was just tagged from the branch, with r292377.
>>>
>>> There are still open merge requests and bugs, but I'd like to get the
>>> testing started to see what issues come up.
>>>
>>> Please build, test, and upload binaries to the sftp. Let me know how
>>> it goes. I'll upload source, docs, and your binaries to the web site
>>> once their ready.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hans