[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Your help needed: List of LLVM Open Projects 2017

Davide Italiano via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 16 13:25:40 PST 2017

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Sean Silva via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Do we have any open projects on LLD?
>
> I know we usually try to avoid any big "projects" and mainly add/fix things

I'm not particularly active in lld anymore, but the last big item I'd
like to see implemented is Pettis-Hansen layout.
http://perso.ensta-paristech.fr/~bmonsuez/Cours/B6-4/Articles/papers15.pdf
(mainly because it improves performances of the final executable).
GCC/gold have an implementation of the algorithm that can be used as
base. I'll expand if anybody is interested.
Side note: I'd like to propose a couple of llvm projects as well, I'll
sit down later today and write them.

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare