[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Your help needed: List of LLVM Open Projects 2017

Ed Maste via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 16 13:17:49 PST 2017

On 16 January 2017 at 15:31, Sean Silva <chisophugis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we have any open projects on LLD?
>
> I know we usually try to avoid any big "projects" and mainly add/fix things
>
> Some really generic/simple stuff I can think of:
> 1. trying out LLD on a large program corpus and reporting/reducing/fixing
> bugs (e.g. contributing to the FreeBSD effort or trying to build a bunch of
> packages from a linux distro like Debian or Gentoo)

>From Rafael's last Poudriere ports build I think about 98% of the
packages are building with LLD, and some of the missing ones are those
that were skipped (e.g. do not build on amd64, or the upstream
distfiles have gone away). I think some next steps here for FreeBSD
include:

* Ensure we're running the test suites in packages that have them
* Actually install and use the resulting packages for a smoke test
* Address the WIP patches / workarounds currently in use
* Triage the few hundred failures

>From the FreeBSD perspective there's one key LLD task of interest:

* Bring other architecture support to parity with amd64/x86_64. For us
the next one in importance is AArch64/arm64, then i386 and 32-bit arm,
and 32- and 64-bit MIPS, PowerPC, and RISC-V.