[cfe-dev] PATCH: re-enable OpenCL extensions

Kalle Raiskila via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 15 06:41:23 PST 2017

Hi,

I noticed a change from clang 3.8 to 3.9, that it disabled all OpenCL extension pragmas per default.
This broke pocl on e.g. ARM for LLVM 3.9 (https://github.com/pocl/pocl/issues/409).

Example:
$ echo "#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_khr_icd: enable" > hello.cl
$ clang  -emit-llvm -x cl -o tmp.bc -c hello.cl

works fine, but:
$ clang  -emit-llvm -x cl -o tmp.bc -c hello.cl --target=armv7-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
hello.cl:1:26: warning: unsupported OpenCL extension 'cl_khr_icd' - ignoring [-Wignored-pragmas]
#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_khr_icd: enable
                          ^
1 warning generated.

Attached is a patch that enables OpenCL extensions for all targets per default, and then sets the
status quo of supported extensions for those targets that currently customize their settings (i.e.
NVPTX and AMDGPU).
Most generic CPUs can handle all OpenCL extensions just fine.

Please keep me as CC, I am not subscribed to the list.
thanks,
kalle