[cfe-dev] GDB pretty printers - python3

Jan Korous via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 10 12:47:20 PST 2017

Hi,

I started using clang and libc++ for my projects and realized the need of working GDB pretty printers.

Version currently mentioned in documentation [1] is written in python2. I am using mostly debian and newer versions of gdb in repositories are linked against libpython3.4. Since debian is usually rather conservative I would expect other distributions to already use python3 as well.

I forked version converted to python3 (2to3), managed to fix issue with std::set and std::map printing and created basic documentation.

Help yourself:

https://github.com/koja/libcxx-pretty-printers

Regards

Jan Korous