[cfe-dev] The QtReslot Clang plugin

Kevin Funk via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 14 14:29:27 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 20:33:15 CET Richard Braun via cfe-dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During work on an internal Qt-based project at Novasys-Ingenierie,
> a Clang plugin was written to convert string-based signals and slots
> to the Qt5 syntax. The plugin has since been pushed to Github [1]
> in the hope it will be useful to others facing similar issues.

Heya Richard,

just for the sake of making you aware of existing tools (to save work & share
ideas): there already is a Qt oriented Clang-based code checker called Clazy
mainly developed by one of my colleagues at KDAB.

Clazy allows all sorts of checking & refactoring in Qt code. It also has a
check for 'old-style-connect' & provides fixits for it: IOW, it will transform
the code to new-style-connect statements if desired.

Worth having a look, maybe you want to contribute some of your code there
instead so it gets available to a wider audience:
  https://github.com/KDE/clazy

Clazy has already been used to refactor *lots* of code in KDE land
automatically.

Hope that helps,
Kevin

PS: CC'ed Sergio, the main author.