[cfe-dev] clang-format inconsistent behavior

FIXED-TERM Kammel Fabian (ETAS-PSC/EPE) via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 13 08:34:55 PST 2017

Hi All,

I have found an inconsistent behavior in clang-format. When I format the attached desired.c with the attached .clang-format file (using Clang 4.0 on Windows) I get format_me.c.

I think that the assignment should be consistent, either break the line for all assignments or none of them. Is there an option I have missed or is this behavior intended/not configurable? And if not configurable would we be interested in such a switch?

Regards,
Fabian