[cfe-dev] python review help

Laszlo Nagy via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 11 23:01:16 PST 2017

Hi Anna and Devin,
Hello All,

I would like to get some help or more information to understand how to
contribute to the scan-build part of this project.. As you might know I was
developed a python rewrite of the existing scan-build tool which is
intended to replace the Perl version. (This was mentioned on the open
project page of clang analyzer.)

My first commit was merged a year before. Then I continued to develop the
functionality out of the source tree. With agreement with Anna and Devin my
focus was to port the functional tests to lit (the LLVM test tool). As the
result of the new test suite, fair amount of bug was caught and fixed...
Since December I'm trying to merge these improvements back to the Clang
repo. With my first attempt I wanted all improvement merged once. After
weeks of silence I got the feedback that it's too big. Fair enough. Now I'm
trying to push my change in pieces which are could be understood better.
Now again, I'm missing responses, approvals on these changes.

I'm looking for developers who can review my changes (and are familiar with
Python constructs such: iterators, generators, decorators). Would anybody
volunteer for reviewer? Anna, Devin: Would that be acceptable for you?

Thanks,
Laszlo