[cfe-dev] Compiling LInux Kernel Info

Sean Silva via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 10 16:53:13 PST 2017

On Feb 10, 2017 12:59 PM, "Timo Janssen via cfe-dev" <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I found fhe following message in the LLVMLinux mailing list.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/2017-
February/001498.html

THere
*Bernhard Rosenkränzer says he was able to compile a specific linux kernel
version. For android and x86_64.*

*But he had some failures during booting.*

*Those of you who are interested can read the message for more details.*

*I would really like to see a working Linux kernel compiled with Clang und
linked with LLD. Linking Linux with LLD is currently in progress. See
llvm-dev.*
*I personnally am only a simple user of clang. I have no experience in
compiler internals or kernel programming.*

Do you want to gain such experience? This is a good opportunity.

-- Sean Silva

*Timo*