[cfe-dev] ClangD

Marco Craveiro via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 6 08:40:50 PST 2017

Hi Manuel,

> If you have any thoughts / concerns let me know; otherwise look forward to
> code reviews on initial ClangD dropping by :D

One minor point, which I could not spot on any of the replies: is it
worth looking at RTags[1]? Its a libclang-based project with very good
emacs integration. I've been using it daily on a large-ish code base
and its pretty stable. Adding the MS protocol to it would probably be
easier than starting from scratch. (I am in no way affiliated with the
project, other than as a user).

Also, the name ClangD seems to evoke D support for Clang :-)

My 0.02 Angolan Kwanzas.

Cheers
--
Marco Craveiro

MD, Domain Driven Consulting
about: http://about.me/marcocraveiro
blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk
twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcoCraveiro

That the Ideas are themselves manifestations (of the Idea-Idea) and
that the Idea-Idea is a-kind-of Manifestation-Idea—which is a-kind-of
itself, so that the system is completely self-describing— would have
been appreciated by Plato as an extremely practical joke [Plato]. --
Alan Key

[1] https://github.com/Andersbakken/rtags/