[cfe-dev] The state of Concepts in Clang

Hannes Hauswedell via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 5 05:43:22 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask what the current state of the Concepts TS is in Clang. I
saw some older list threads last year, but also didn't see much in
regard of commits, but maybe I am also looking in the wrong places.

The status page lists it as WIP, but from my own experience I know that
WIP can me anything from "we are running the last tests before release"
to "I have put it on the TODO list".

The background is that we are currently redesigning a large template
library and would really like to make use of concepts. Working with GCC
during development is not a problem, but when we start distributing
first release candidates maybe a year from now, it would be important to
have Clang support, too.

If someone could shed light on the current status and whether there is
an ETA that would help us a lot. Note that I am not implying that anyone
should do anything for us, it's just important for us to know whether
it's something we can likely expect for e.g. clang-6 or "definetely not
in the next two years".

Thank you,
Hannes
--
pgp-key: https://hannes.hauswedell.net/hannes_hauswedell_public_key.asc
fingerprint: FC35 7547 7916 DA55 DC42 27EA 1D57 8E18 A109 60BF