[cfe-dev] LibC++ v4.0 testing and exceptions

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 4 12:20:23 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I have started testing our LibC++ v4.0 implementation, and I am seeing a
> very large number of tests failing because the test uses ‘try’ or some
> other EH related feature.  However, my platform does not (and cannot)
> support Exception Handling.  Previous releases used ‘_LIBCPP_NO_EXCEPTIONS’
> in the tests to determine if the implementation supported EH or not, but
> this seems not to be the case for the most recent v4.0 RC1 release.
>

> At the moment this appears to be the cause of 309 regressions I am
> seeing.  Has LibC++ dropped support for platforms that do not support EH?

No, Libc++ has not dropped support for compiling without exceptions. Did
you provide `-DLIBCXX_ENABLE_EXCEPTIONS=OFF` when configuring libc++?

Others are failing because of ‘align_val_t’ - it looks to be like these are
> C++17 tests, but the tests are not being disabled when I use ‘-std=c++14
> ’.

How are you running the tests and how are you passing -std=c++14 to them?
Libc++ has buildbots for all C++ dialects and -fno-exceptions mode and they
are currently
all green. http://lab.llvm.org:8011/console

/Eric