[cfe-dev] [analyzer][RFC] different.Logical* implementation pre-requirements

Alexey Knyshev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 16 10:31:43 PST 2017

Hi, all!

I'm looking forward to implement various checkers for detecting strange
conditions which may be simplified or probably contain logical errors /
typos. As for now it looks like CSA is missing some sort of single pass
symbolic execution feature which would allow us to:

1. Simplify path sensitive symbolic execution and modeling by pre-computing
and clarification constraints.
2. Quite cheap (as it will be single path) detection mechanism for various
errors in complicated (or not) expressions by applying such constrains to
the parts of condition (or whole condition) and so on.
3. Probably can be used in other tools such as clang-tidy, e.g. various
recommendations how some expr can be simplified.

On the other hand, I'm rookie one to CSA and not quite familiar with core
architecture but for me it looks like that would require modification of
core analyzer engine and it's not easy task.

Thanks, Alexey K

--
linkedin.com/profile
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAMAABn6oKQBDhBteiQnWsYm-S9yxT7wQkfWhSw>