[cfe-dev] Can I write a standalone static analyzer?

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 14 11:14:07 PST 2017

I think what Matthew proposed is the best way to go. You can see
examples/analyzer-plugin in clang source tree - it compiles to a clang
plugin that you can load into existing clang binary in run-time with a
flag, and you can write your domain-specific checkers this way without
modifying clang directly.

If you explicitly want a standalone tool like clang-tidy, then note that
clang-tidy itself can run static analyzer checkers as well, including
path-sensitive checkers as well. What i don't know, however, is whether
you can load clang plugins from clang-tidy.