[cfe-dev] Can I write a standalone static analyzer?

gao ge via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 12 19:29:29 PST 2017

Hi, thank you for your responses.

For Alexey, I have one method which can only be called in several special
methods. Or one property, it must have a rvalue in any path, Thera are not
general, I must do it by myself.

For Matthew, Clang Plugin is a better choice against modifying clang source
code directly, but a plugin must be compatible with clang libraries in ABI
level. Clang is a modern and modular project, so my question is, can I only
link with several clang libraries, produce one tool which can do static
analyze just like tools in clang-tools-extra? But it can also support path
sensitive checking.

By the way, why clang-tidy can not support invoke path sensitive checkers?

P.S.: English is not my mother language, sorry for my poor English : (