[cfe-dev] Get name of MemberExpr expression

Qiufeng Yu via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 7 00:40:50 PST 2017

Hi all,

I'm new to clang and currently working on a project where I need to rewrite
some codes in CUDA source file.

For example, if I have the following CUDA code:

int bx = blockIdx.x;
int by = blockIdx.y;

I want to rewrite the blockIdx and blockIdx.x and blockIdx.y to some other
code:
int bx = something else;
int by = something else;

My problem is that how do I find the MemberExpr blockIdx,x and blockIdx.y?

I know how to get the MemberExpr, but I have no clue how to extract the
name of the MemberExpr in order to know that it is the right MemberExpr for
me to rewrite.

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick