[cfe-dev] Uncovering non-determinism in LLVM - An Update

Grang, Mandeep Singh via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 29 11:45:17 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I wanted to share a couple of updates on the effort to uncover
non-determinism in LLVM through reverse iteration.

1. Reverse iteration has now been enabled for DenseMap
(https://reviews.llvm.org/D35043)

2. We have setup a nightly reverse iteration buildbot
(http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/reverse-iteration).
This builds all LLVM targets with reverse iteration ON and runs ninja
check-all. Currently there are 14 unit test failures. Please feel free
to fix these.

Also currently, only I receive the nightly email notification for this
buildbot run. My plan is to enable sending the nightly notifications to
llvm-commits once all 14 failures have been resolved.
Please let me know if the community wants the nightly notifications even
with the failures.
As a potential next step, I was thinking about bootstrapping this
reverse iteration LLVM to compile itself. Not sure if it can uncover
more bugs but maybe worth a shot.

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Mandeep