[cfe-dev] [5.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 3 source and binaries available

Stephan T. Lavavej via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 28 18:24:52 PDT 2017

[Hans Wennborg]
> Source, binaries and docs for LLVM-5.0.0-rc3 are now available

> Please report any problems you find

No problems with MSVC's STL test suites. I used x64-hosted Clang/LLVM 5.0.0 RC3 targeting x86 and x64 (and defaulting to Microsoft's link.exe), with MSVC's development build of the STL (newer than VS 2017 15.3), with two internal suites (devcrt and tr1) and libc++'s test suite, and everything passed. We use clang-cl with -fno-ms-compatibility -fno-delayed-template-parsing in both /std:c++14 and /std:c++latest modes.

As expected, I was able to remove workarounds for Clang/LLVM bugs that were fixed (_interlockedbittestandset is now a builtin, __is_trivially_destructible is now available, and our internal directory structure is recognized).

The only problem I observe is that http://releases.llvm.org and http://prereleases.llvm.org aren't served over HTTPS.

Thanks,
STL