[cfe-dev] Fwd: SIGILL with clang

ROHIT KUMAR via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 26 01:34:30 PDT 2017

Hey folks,

I am migrating our huge *Android* code base from GCC(Eclipse IDE) to
clang(Android Studio).

Error: SIGILL (signal SIGILL: illegal instruction)

At a weird line in the code, I am getting this error. which points to a
closing curly bracket of an if condition. After googling, I am assuming it
is some kind of architecture flag issue. I am using same flags which were
used for GCC.

*Note:* I am currently working on Arm build.

Here are the architecture flags for ARM7:

-march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mthumb
-DTARGET_THUMB2

Can anyone help me debug this issue? Is there any issue with the flags with
clang?

Thanks,
Rohit Kumar