[cfe-dev] IncludeStyle option explanation

Adam Cieszkiel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 21 00:47:52 PDT 2017

Hello,

I have a question regarding 'IncludeStyle' for the check
'modernize-replace-auto-ptr':
What is the purpose of this option for the sake of the check?

It replaces the uses of the deprecated class 'std::auto_ptr' by
'std::unique_ptr' and I am wondering what influence on that has this option
'IncludeStyle' which decides about the style/order of headers.
It seems these two things do not have any correlation.

I am thinking if I do not set this option at all what will change in the
behavior of the check?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Adam.