[cfe-dev] [5.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 2 tagged

Michał Górny via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 17 14:19:00 PDT 2017

W dniu czw, 10.08.2017 o godzinie 19∶00 -0700, użytkownik Hans Wennborg
via cfe-dev napisał:
> Dear testers,
>
> 5.0.0-rc2 was just tagged.
>
> I know we still have a bunch of open release blockers, but there has
> been a lot of merged patches and I'd like to find out what the status
> is.
>
> Please build, test and upload binaries to the sftp. When uploading,
> make sure to use the /data/testers-uploads/ directory on the server.
> Let me know if there are any issues.

I'm sorry for not replying earlier but I have much less time than I wish
I'd have. Nevertheless, I'm trying to regularly test the release_50
branch and fix the regressions Gentoo is seeing.

It seems that we've been able to fix most of the apparent issues.
The two things that still remain are:

a. lldb fails to build with (more) linking errors -- there are already
two related fixes in the trunk, and I'm currently working on a third one
and should have a complete set of patches to backport on the weekend,

b. all DFSan tests segfault for me -- I have tried to bisect it, and it
seems that all old versions started failing just the same all
of a sudden. I suspect this might be related to system upgrade but
haven't been able to find time to properly investigate. Hopefully I'd be
able to at least provide more data soon.

Thanks for all the hard work.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny