[cfe-dev] Using Clang 5.0.0 RC2 with MSVC dev builds

Stephan T. Lavavej via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 17 11:59:06 PDT 2017

[Zachary Turner]
> As a temporary workaround, what happens if you just create some junctions or symlinks to make it look like the directory structure it's expecting?  Would that unblock you?

That might be possible, but I'd have to get our builds to do it, and our tests to pick it up (instead of the usual directories). That infrastructure is obnoxious to change (otherwise I would just make our builds emit the same directory structure as the real installer).

I have a temporary workaround that appears to unblock me. If I pass -fms-compatibility-version and use clang-cl /c, with a separate invocation of link.exe, I can get things to work. (lld-link appeared to generate malformed executables, possibly involving EH, in libc++'s test suite, so I had to use MSVC's link.exe.)

Thanks,
STL