[cfe-dev] Using Clang 5.0.0 RC2 with MSVC dev builds

Zachary Turner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 15 09:43:24 PDT 2017

Since we most likely cannot reproduce this without access to this same
development environment, I think the easiest way to figure this out would
be for Stephan to debug into clang itself.  It definitely sounds like a
problem, but I think only you will be able to figure out exactly what it
is.  Luckily it should be easy to figure out.  Set a breakpoint in the
constructor of MSVCToolChain in clang/lib/Driver/ToolChains/MSVC.cpp and
see what's going on in there.  Most likely it's the VCToolsInstallDir or
VCINSTALLDIR as Reid mentioned.