[cfe-dev] Adding indexing support to Clangd

Ilya Biryukov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 10 02:56:31 PDT 2017

Hi, Marc-André,

+1 to Ben's comment.
Thanks for your work, having indexing in clangd would be awesome.

One thing that is really important for us at Google is to come up with the
index interface (for both querying and building an index) that would allow
an alternative implementation that could scale for larger codebases.
That should not require significant changes to your design, merely
extracting a few interface classes and figuring out the APIs should be easy.
We could figure it all out during the review process and I would highly
encourage to start a review as early as possible.

We could add the index modification APIs during the review process as well.
The lack of header caching in the first implementation is fine. That's
something we should iterate on later. That's a hard problem and it seems
fine if we solve it separately.

Wish you a great vacation!

--
Regards,