[cfe-dev] Using precompiled headers with libtooling?

Loïc Joly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 7 11:39:22 PDT 2017

Hello,

We are using clang libtooling, and we think about enabling precompiled headers to speed-up our processing, but I've not found any document about that, so I have a few questions:

  *   If we do so, will the content of the pch be visited with a RecursiveASTVisitor? With an ast matcher?
  *   Will code location inside the PCH refer to the files that generated the pch?
  *   Are there any other caveat?
  *   Is there a tool to generate the pch with an interface similar to ClangTool, or should I just spawn a sub process the create the pch before starting the tool?

Thank you for your help,

---
Loïc Joly