[cfe-dev] Disabling emitting x86_fp80/ppc_fp128 IR

Rob Lyerly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 3 08:09:32 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
I've got an application that uses the long double type in a couple of
places.  Is there a way to prevent clang from emitting
architecture-specific floating point types, i.e., "x86_fp80" & "ppc_fp128",
and instead force clang to only emit "fp128" types?  It seems like LLVM's
backends can easily handle this by emitting soft floating point routines
(defined in the "compiler-rt" project) for dealing with these types.
However, I don't want to force soft floating point routines for other
types, i.e., "half", "float" and "double".

Thanks!

--
Rob Lyerly
Graduate Research Assistant, Systems Software Research Group