[cfe-dev] [libcxx] What degree of Windows and/or MSVC support is already present?

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 20 10:50:07 PDT 2017

I recently fixed the libc++ build with mingw, but I would say that Cygwin
is pretty unsupported. There are other mingw users: Matteuz, Martel
Mallone, Yaron Keron, and others. I don't know to what extend they use
libc++ currently, or what the current support state is like.

Broadly speaking, users seem to me moving away from thick posix emulation
layers like cygwin and over to less emulation (mingw) or no emulation (just
use MSVCRT).