[cfe-dev] Building libcxx with Ninja

Brian Cain via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 18 07:18:31 PDT 2017

Bringing this thread back onto the list, looks like we went off list at
some point.

My ninja version is 1.3.4 and when I run "ninja --version" it reports
"1.3.4".  It does not give this error message.  When I run "ninja --help"
it shows something very different from the help message you're showing here.

https://ninja-build.org/ claims that the latest version available is "The
last Ninja release is v1.7.2, released 7 Nov 2016."  But you said you have
version 2.3.

I think that you have another executable called "ninja" in your PATH.  Can
you check it?  See if you get different results with binaries from here --
https://github.com/ninja-build/ninja/releases

-Brian