[cfe-dev] clang 4.0 installation

don hinton via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 17 06:59:38 PDT 2017

Thanks.  It looks like you have the appropriate dependancies installed.

However, since you only provided the output, I can't tell how you ran gcc.
I really need you to follow my instructions and provide both the command
and the output.  As a general rule, the more information you provide, the
easier it is to help.

Could you please do it again and give me the command and output?  For
example, if someone asked me to run gcc -v, here's what I'd send (including
clang as well):

** gcc -- default compiler installed in /usr/bin

project-computing-lab-vm1:/home/d80049854 $ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu
4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3'
--with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs
--enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr
--program-suffix=-4.8 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.8 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls
--with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug
--enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libmudflap
--enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin
--enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo
--with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64/jre
--enable-java-home
--with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64
--with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64
--with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar
--enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686
--with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --with-tune=generic
--enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu
--target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3)

** clang -- 4.0 installed in /home/$USER/bin

project-computing-lab-vm1:/home/d80049854 $ clang -v
clang version 4.0.0 (http://llvm.org/git/clang.git
560b6b60eb83c4776255a27e23e95fef73171cf5) (http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git
3b621275428532a32a2806585282fa025af2d241)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /home/d80049854/usr/bin
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.4
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8.4
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9.3
Selected GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8
Candidate multilib: .;@m64
Selected multilib: .;@m64

thanks...
don