[cfe-dev] RFC: Plan for removing components from namespace std::experimental

C Bergström via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 10 15:39:57 PDT 2017

Two points and this my be more philosophy

#1 Is having the duplicate functionality bad for whoever is a user of
the experimental version? iow is it a disservice to keeping it for any
period of time? If so why would anyone advocate anything except
immediate deprecation or removal?

#2 How did this happen and why didn't anyone notice? (Apologies if
putting anyone on the spot and not my intention) Does it raise
questions about how the experimental namespace and stuff should be
managed.

I think less overhead will encourage innovation on experimental stuff.
When /you/ start adding maintenance burdens or guarantees, especially
for code which *you* aren't the maintainer it becomes unfun.